Joshua is absolutely entranced by music. At his preschool, they have a man (Mr. Guy) come once a week to sing songs and play instruments. I know he plays guitar, piano, trombone, clarinet and trumpet for sure and there are probably others. Joshua is so enthused by music that he got his own kid sized guitar for his 2nd birthday and has forced Eric and I to dust the cobwebs off our old instruments. I am truly amazed at how much I have lost when it comes to reading music. I look at the pieces I used to play in high school and realize that the all state player I was is long gone. We have purchased several easy flute/clarinet duets to play for Joshua much to his delight. The music reading is slowly coming back. I am hoping to get comfortable enough to play at church from time to time but I still have a long way to go.
Recently Joshua has started singing with his guitar. He has several songs that he knows from Mr. Guy that most of you have not heard of. I had not heard of them either until we bought the Mr. Guy CD that now plays in my car over and over and over.... He also likes to sing the ABC's, Twinkle, Twinkle and Jesus Loves me. Most of the time you have to catch the singing by stealth. If he thinks you are listening the tuneless toddler treble instantly stops. Luckily, our video camera is very small and he was in a very cooperative mood to serenade Mommy for this video.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


How cute he is! Are we watching a future American Idol? He is very talented and seems to have a very sweet personality.
ReplyDelete