Lillian weighed in at 8 lbs 1 0z and is 20 inches long. She is smaller than Joshua was at birth but the difference seems gigantic instead of just half and inch and 3/4 of a pound. It's easy to forget just how tiny they are, and I tend to have larger babies! Breast feeding the second time around is so much better! I haven't had many of the problems that Joshua and I had starting off and I'm not nearly as sore this time around. I remember everything getting much easier around 3 weeks last time and am looking forward to that effortless point again.

Big brother Joshua is starting to come around on the transition. He's getting curious in spite of himself and I often find him looking in on Lily while she's asleep in the bassinet. Joshua came up to the hospital the first night to see us and it may have been a mistake. I was still numb from the epidural, still had my iv and hadn't gotten out of bed yet. Poor little guy didn't understand why he couldn't get in bed with me and had lots of questions for grandma and grandpa when they left. The second night was better. I made sure I was out of bed and moving around when they came up and let Joshua sit on the bed next to me. We even held Lily together. He looks utterly bewildered in the pictures! Since we've been home he's asked to hold her twice. The first time, she immediately spit up all over him! It took a couple of days for him to try again, and this time he needed her on a blanket so he didn't get all wet. He's been sweet to Lily but is acting out in other ways at school. I know it will take time, we've rocked his little world upside down and backwards. I'm sure it will help when I can do regular things again. I am moving around pretty well after surgery but I still can't drive and I can't lift anything heavier than Lily. We've done some special things for just him and that's helped a bunch. I'm sure in a couple of weeks we will be back to the status quo.


Yay, Lily is here! She is so precious and tiny. Hang in there with Joshua's transition; it is a process and every day he'll adjust a little more to the "new normal". :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! Lily is beautiful! I love reading your blog and am so glad Lily's birth went so well. Joshua is so cute and it seems classic that Lily would spit up on him the first time he held her. Being a big sibling is not easy.
ReplyDelete