Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Little Slugger

We've had a hard time deciding if Joshua is going to be right or left handed. He constantly changes hands when he's eating or coloring. Even his teachers at preschool haven't seen much of a preference. It's looking like he will be a lefty. Out of the blue one day, he announced that he wanted some scissors to cut paper. I didn't have any kiddie scissors at the time so promised we would find some at the store. Every time he goes to make his own brand of confetti, he cuts with his left hand. It also seems that he uses the fork or spoon most often in his left when we are eating...well when I can get him to use the fork and spoon consistently. He is ALL boy!

Anyway, Eric wants to cultivate the left handed preference and teach the kid to play baseball. We found a little kiddie tee and whiffle ball at the store this weekend and gave him his first try. Sure enough, when he picked up the bat to hit without any prompting he hit lefty. Eric is thrilled. Not being a baseball fan, I don't really understand this elation but I'll grin and go along with it. I shot this little video this evening while he was trying the tee out for the first time. Too cute! I was sitting in a chair with my feet up and had a great view.


No comments:

Post a Comment