Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 1, 2009

So when I say nothing new is going on around here...

My recent lack of blog posts has been largely from being in the midst of first trimester yuckiness! I am a little over 12 weeks along with baby Millner #2 and we had our first sonogram on Friday. My official due date is December 7 but this baby will be a scheduled c-section so I was told anytime after Thanksgiving is fair game. They'll set the c-section date based on later sonograms to gauge development. I must say I am looking forward to NOT going through labor this go around. When I had Joshua, I was induced the day after my due date and went through 17 LONG hours before they decided to do the c-section. After they delivered Joshua, I was told that there was no way he would have fit through without breaking something....Thank God for modern medicine! My labor was not fun with Joshua. I had back labor and though I like to think I'm not a total wuss....it HURT! I am so glad that my body will most likely only have to recover from the c-section this time around and not from surgery and labor!

So far, this pregnancy has been more difficult in the sense that I feel much worse this time around. With Joshua, I would have nausea in the morning for a couple of hours and it would be gone by lunch. It started around 6 weeks and was gone by 11. This time has been a real guessing game and I'm still getting nauseous. Thankfully I don't do the all out vomiting scene with it, though I have come perilously close this time. I have had days without feeling sick followed by consecutive days and nights of non stop nausea. This week I seem to be unable to fix dinner without getting nauseous. As I am the first one home and fix dinner for us 95% of the time...this has been a real problem. I also have some serious food aversions. I can't even see any sort of Asian food advertised on tv much less smell it without getting woozy. Same goes for yogurt and pork. Although, I do know where the pork aversion comes from. I went to the Texas Dental Convention in May and took a day and a half oral surgery course. The morning of the second day was a hands on portion involving practicing the surgical techniques on pig mandibles. I had signed up for the convention in January and never gave it a second thought. Frozen pig jaws at 8 AM when you are 9 weeks pregnant is NOT a good combo. I had to walk out and get air frequently much to the amusement of my desk mate. I was a decided shade of green by the time the morning session finished.

We are busy making plans to do some remodeling to the house to get ready for baby number 2. Our study has been in need of help for sometime now. Particularly after the cat managed to ruin the carpet while learning to use his litter box. Whoever tells you that you don't have to litter box train a cat is lying! Or at least that was the case for our cat! Mostly the room is a collect all for junk, a bed that isn't used, and my husband's reloading equipment for ammo. We are going to rip up the nasty carpet, lay hardwood, and make it a study/craft room that is much more functional. Once that is finished I can start sorting out all the junk that got relegated to the guest room closet. Our guest room will by the new baby's room and we have some minor painting to do on Joshua's room to transition it to a big boy room. I've got it all laid out in my mind...now I just have to find the time and the energy to get it all done.

I'll leave off for tonight with a sono picture. I can't seem to get it to scan well but it was a great shot!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Eric and Susan! That's wonderful news! Joshua will be a great older brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, you guys! What exciting news!

    My second pregnancy was a lot rougher as well; I was so, so sick in the beginning (much more so than with Grace) that Rob kept wondering if it was twins before that first ultrasound. :)

    ReplyDelete