
I can't believe my baby boy is 3 years old! It seems like he was a tiny little thing just yesterday and now he's a little boy! He has grown and changed in so many ways this year. I love to see this transformation but I also want to cling to all the sweet moments of his babyhood. We started out on Friday with his first true big boy haircut. He's gotten haircuts since he was 14 months old but they have always been scissor cuts to mainly trim around the edges. His hair is pretty thick now and grows at a rapid pace. His last scissor cut was only 4 weeks ago and he was looking pretty shaggy. Mom bit the bullet so to speak and had them cut with clippers on the sides and shape up the top with scissors. It's amazing how much older that one little thing made him look. He's so tall that people already assume he's much older but now he really looks the part too!
Saturday we had his main party at Pump It Up. I must say I was impressed with this place! I had decided that I was too pregnant and tired to do a party at home this year and wanted someone else to clean up the mess. Joshua had so much fun with the bounce house we rented last year that I figured Pump It Up was a perfect fit...I was right! They take care of everything. You bring the cake, candles, lighter and balloons...they do the rest! There are two huge bounce rooms and the kids get 40 minutes in each and then a party room for cake, presents, etc... The kids had an absolute blast....some of the adults did too! I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get to jump but that is off my list since I had the placenta problems earlier in my pregnancy. It was fun to watch the kid's antics though and I got some great pictures of everyone.
Joshua's birthday fell on Labor Day this year so it was nice that the whole family got to spend the day together. For several months now, Joshua has been begging Eric to take him to a football game. Try explaining football season to a two year old...he couldn't figure out why didn't take him now! We got the perfect opportunity when we found out that there were several high school games being played on Labor Day at the new Cowboys Stadium. With the exorbitant prices for Cowboys tickets we figured this would be our only way to see the new stadium this season. The stadium is pretty neat but they have a lot of bugs to work out when it comes to traffic flow and moving people in and out. Joshua had a great time and that's all that matters.
My independent little man also started all out preschool this week. He's always gone to a daycare/preschool but since he's potty trained he was able to move up to the official preschool class at school. They have school supplies and everything. He loves it and I can already tell he's learning a ton. He is quite the little sponge!
This weekend will start the change over of rooms. We are getting rid of all our guest room furniture on Saturday and will start the painting process for Lily's room. Once it's painted we will temporarily move Joshua in there with the toddler bed so we can paint and redo his room. I'm hoping to get his room painted before his new furniture gets here but we'll see! Once we get his new stuff we'll move him back and return the toddler bed to crib form to complete the set up for Lily. Then starts the great clothes sorting. I have all of Joshua's stuff up in the attic in boxes by size. Now I get to sort through and find all the gender neutral stuff and figure out what to do with the boy stuff. I have a feeling Goodwill and the Battered Women's shelter will be getting several donations in the near future! So far Joshua has accepted all this change with ease...I only hope that trend continues as we get closer to December 2nd!


No comments:
Post a Comment