These past two weekends have been madness. I am usually a neat and organized person. I like everything to have it's own place and be put away most of the time. I have turned into a cleaning, organizing, obsessive machine over the past few weeks! I guess I am nesting and I certainly don't remember it being this bad when I was pregnant with Joshua. Although, it may have been masked in the process of moving into and repainting a whole house instead of just concentrated on two rooms. Poor Eric has taken it all in good stride...I guess he has to since his is currently living with an insane person. I cannot believe how consumed I became with the prospect of finishing Joshua and Lily's rooms. I started the weekend after Joshua's birthday on Lily's room. We moved out all the furniture and donated it to a good cause. I had the room taped, painted and mostly wall papered by Sunday night....we started Saturday afternoon! The only reason it wasn't completely finished was that I ran out of the wall paper border and had to order some more. It didn't come in until the middle of the next week and I was gone the following weekend for a conference. The weekend after that Eric was out of town on a hunting trip, so I finished the wall paper and cleaned everything up to get ready for Joshua's room.
Eric got back from hunting Sunday evening and I had him and his parents moving furniture that night! I got everything taped, drop cloths down, and the jungle animal border that was part of the nursery painted over before I managed to get to bed that night. Work was very slow the next week, so I used long lunches to paint the bottom part of the wall, put up an airplane sticker border and airplane decals...I was done by Thursday and Joshua slept on his new mattress in the floor of his room that night. To be fair he didn't like the pink of Lily's room so sleeping on the mattress on the floor was his idea not mine! We were supposed to get Joshua's furniture that Friday or Saturday but it was delayed for a number of reasons. I spent the weekend changing out closets between the nursery and Joshua's room and all the stuff that used to be in his dresser wound up in laundry baskets on the floor of the closet until we could get his new stuff. I spent the weekend washing some of the baby stuff that people had given me and loading up the dresser for Lily.
My madness continued as we got Joshua's furniture Tuesday of last week. I had all of his clothes in drawers and everything organized by the end of the week. It was like I couldn't sleep until it was all done. To make matters worse I made Eric haul everything out of the attic that we had saved from Joshua's infancy so I could sort and organize. As of last night I have sorted, tossed, donated, and washed what I decided to keep out of Joshua's stuff. PLUS I have washed and put away everything that I got at my baby shower on Saturday!
The only things I have left to get down are the big things...high chair, infant seat, swing, etc... There are a few things I will need to purchase to be ready but at the rate I'm going I'm sure I will get that done this weekend. I have never felt so possessed by a desire to get it all done NOW! It's like I can't sleep because I'm thinking about all the stuff I need to do. Maybe I'm preparing this early because I know just how tired and worn out we will be after Lily gets here...who knows at this point! I guess my next adventure will be to get my Christmas shopping done....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment