Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

Halloween was a lot of fun this year. Joshua really got into it. We watched Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin early in the month and he was ready to go trick or treating right then and there. He picked out his own costume this year and gleefully ran from house to house. He even said Trick or Treat and thank you. Last year he would stand frozen on the doorstep until they took pity on him and gave him a piece of candy. He would then flee into our arms and want to be carried to the next house. Not this year. My feet wore out before his did! We went over to Eric's sister's house so he could trick or treat with his cousins. We live in a very small gated neighborhood and the neighbors keep very much to themselves. There aren't many kids around here either. We left a bowl of candy on the doorstep with a sign to please take one and we had candy left when we got home...maybe I didn't get the good candy!

Joshua chose to be Buzz Lightyear this year. Apparently a very popular costume with the re-release of the Toy Story movies in 3-D. He got to dress up on Friday for preschool and trick or treat with his class and there were 4 Buzz's running around...two of them girls! I think the preschool ended up with 6 Buzz Lightyears all in all. We have taken him to see the movies and he loves to run around saying...to infinity and beyond! He'll crouch down while saying the phrase and then jump into the air at the end. It's super cute but I can't get him to do it for the video camera!



With as much fun as he had with Halloween, I am really looking forward to Christmas this year. He's at just the right age for the magic and wonder of the season. Speaking of holidays, I am busily working through my to do list. I have 1 month before Lily's arrival and I have accomplished so much! I have everything ready for her arrival with the exception of actually putting the infant seat bases in the cars and setting up the bassinet. I have all the linens washed for it, just not set out. I've washed all the outfits, blankets, bedding, and toys that I've gotten and have her room fully set up and ready. I have everything for my hospital bag, I just need to pack it. I have had the carpet cleaned, done most of my Christmas shopping and wrapping, and even done some baking ahead of time. This weekend I have made and frozen a batch of Christmas cookies and toffee. I've got one more batch of cookies and probably another round of toffee to make plus our seasonal beef stick. I am waiting on a few items that I have ordered for presents to arrive and I have a couple people left on my list. I may actually get it all done before she gets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment