Tomorrow I am 37 weeks. I went for my 36 week appointment on Friday and everything looks pretty good....and nothing is happening! I know I have a scheduled c-section but the part of me that is tired of being pregnant is more than ready to get this show on the road! I have had so many people tell me to relax and enjoy this time to sleep and pamper myself. Problem is, when you are this pregnant sleeping through the night is not an option. I am up at least twice a night to go to the bathroom and have so many pillows to try to keep comfortable laying down that each time I turn is a major undertaking. My feet, ankles and hands have started to swell and staying in any one position for very long is uncomfortable...sitting or standing.
One good thing from my visit, I have been put on half days at work for the remaining week and a half. That will hopefully ease the back aches! Dentistry is not kind to your back to begin with. Having to sit further away from the patient because this beach ball attached to my middle is in the way seems to magnify back pain exponentially! My last day is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and then I am off until the end of February!
My to do list is done. I can't believe it. When I made out a list of all we needed to accomplish before Lily's arrival I didn't think we'd make it. Here I am ahead of schedule. All of myChristmas shopping is done! EVERYTHING is wrapped and ready to go. All of my Christmas baking is done and in the freezer waiting for the appropriate time to be set out. My carpets are cleaned, my bag is packed....I almost don't know what to do with myself. It felt wrong to be sitting on the couch just watching tv yesterday. I know that's what I'm supposed to be doing at this point, relaxing, but I can't seem to wrap my nesting fevered head around it! Even Eric is done shopping and that is a major accomplishment! For those that don't know my husband well, he is an infamous procrastinator! I didn't think I'd heard him correctly when he said he was finished as well. I'm not sure where he is hiding his bounty of gifts as I haven't seen one enter the house to be put with the rest but I suspect the trunk of his car is being well used at this point.
I guess there is nothing left to do but sit back and enjoy the Thanksgiving holidays! Seems crazy that it's only about a week and a half away. It might be easier to believe if it wasn't 80 degrees outside. How is it that October was cooler than November so far? I am ready for one heck of a cold front and a freeze! Thanksgiving in shorts just doesn't fit my ideal!
One good thing from my visit, I have been put on half days at work for the remaining week and a half. That will hopefully ease the back aches! Dentistry is not kind to your back to begin with. Having to sit further away from the patient because this beach ball attached to my middle is in the way seems to magnify back pain exponentially! My last day is the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and then I am off until the end of February!
My to do list is done. I can't believe it. When I made out a list of all we needed to accomplish before Lily's arrival I didn't think we'd make it. Here I am ahead of schedule. All of myChristmas shopping is done! EVERYTHING is wrapped and ready to go. All of my Christmas baking is done and in the freezer waiting for the appropriate time to be set out. My carpets are cleaned, my bag is packed....I almost don't know what to do with myself. It felt wrong to be sitting on the couch just watching tv yesterday. I know that's what I'm supposed to be doing at this point, relaxing, but I can't seem to wrap my nesting fevered head around it! Even Eric is done shopping and that is a major accomplishment! For those that don't know my husband well, he is an infamous procrastinator! I didn't think I'd heard him correctly when he said he was finished as well. I'm not sure where he is hiding his bounty of gifts as I haven't seen one enter the house to be put with the rest but I suspect the trunk of his car is being well used at this point.
I guess there is nothing left to do but sit back and enjoy the Thanksgiving holidays! Seems crazy that it's only about a week and a half away. It might be easier to believe if it wasn't 80 degrees outside. How is it that October was cooler than November so far? I am ready for one heck of a cold front and a freeze! Thanksgiving in shorts just doesn't fit my ideal!


No comments:
Post a Comment