Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Renovation Completion!

Yeah!!! The nursery and Joshua's room are finally done!! I've had the painting and everything completed in Joshua's room for about two weeks but his furniture was delayed so it took a little longer than I planned to get everything back where it's supposed to be and get it presentable for pictures! Joshua loves his new room. He has tried several times to take the airplanes off the wall around his bed and he had tried jumping off his bed to reach the airplane pull on his fan...both activities have been strongly discouraged!!!! I guess it's universal for little kids to try jumping on their first big bed. It's certainly nothing that we've ever taught him but he seems to know the song about monkeys jumping on the bed all the same. I guess preschool has covered the gambit on bed jumping!













Lily's room has also turned out very cute and very girly. Eric keeps looking around it and commenting on the pinkness of it all. Well it is a room for a little girl! Since she's the first girl in the fa
mily, I think we have all gone a little overboard ( just a tad) but it's been a lot of fun. Even Eric is guilty of coming home from the store with cute little girl outfits...matching jeans and all. I just have to giggle to myself when I see even Mr. Reserved lose control just a little. He was just as bad with Joshua, but with him it was all footballs, Cowboys jersey's and baseballs. The kid literally had three baseballs before he was ever born! Thanks to some of my sweet friends and in-laws who threw me a girl shower, Lily has a pretty complete wardrobe already!! I certainly have plenty of cute little sleepers and outfits for the early days. I may not even need to sort through all the stuff I saved from Joshua to pull out the gender neutral items. I am truly touched and overwhelmed by the great influx of pink and cuteness that has surrounded us these past several weeks. I can't wait for her to get here! Joshua seems very excited at the prospect of a little sister. I know that will change the minute we walk through the door with her and he figures out that she's here to stay. For now he has taken to asking once or twice a week "Where is baby sister?" I explain that she's still in my tummy and she has to grow some more before she can be born. The then sighs, looks at me and says "She's sure taking a long time!" You're telling me!


2 comments:

  1. Both rooms are so cute! It was really fun to see you yesterday and hang out for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joshua and Lily's rooms are both so cute! You have done a great job! Make sure you get some much needed rest if that's possible before Lily arrives.

    ReplyDelete