Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sibling Love!

It appears that we are turning a corner with Joshua as far as accepting and loving his little sister. This morning he started to play with Lily and it was the cutest thing ever. Of course I didn't have my camera or video camera anywhere around! I had Lily on our bed in her little play gym. She absolutely loves to lay in it and look at the musical star that attaches to the top. It has flashing lights and plays several different tunes...all in all it's a big hit. Our bed is very tall and Joshua can only get on it by stepping on the side rail and hoisting himself up the rest of the way. The side rail is pretty substantial so he can stand on it pretty easily. Anyway, he was standing on the side rail at her feet watching her in the gym. When the star would stop playing, he would jiggle the arms of the gym to start the music again. Lily suddenly discovered that he was at her feet and focused on him. She would start to coo at him and flail her arms and legs for all she was worth. Joshua would then lean down ever so gently and place his head on her tummy in a pseudo hug. When he raised his head back up, Lily would flail and coo at him again. This went on for a good 10 minutes and suddenly Joshua looked at me and said "she likes me mommy!"




We have been telling him for a couple weeks now that Lily looks for him when she hears his voice and she has been smiling at him. It warms my heart to see him respond to her...and in a nice manner! He's also been better at school this week. Now if I can just get him to listen better at home. I'm sure part of it is his age. At least I hope it is! All of a sudden he has excuses for doing what he's not supposed to do. I can't tell you how many times I start to get onto him for doing something I told him not to and the sentence starts with "But I was just...." It's enough to drive me a little batty. That coupled with his highly inquisitive nature can be enough to make my head spin. I certainly don't want to crush his inquisitive nature...it's how he's learning but there is a limit to how many times I can answer "why?" and "what are you doing?" Especially when repeated in close succession over and over again. I have resorted on several occasions to "because I said so!" and "that's just the way God made us, sweetie!" Now I truly understand why my parents used to say "because I said so, that's why!" My parents think all of this is hilarious. Apparently I have a child just like me.


No comments:

Post a Comment