I know this is old news by now but I have finally gotten a chance to sit and post about our wonderful snow storm. We so rarely see snow here that any snow storm quickly becomes significant. There have been several times over the past few days where I have looked out my window and have flashed back to my childhood in Denver. The week started out with a forecast of possible snow starting late Wednesday. My parents were supposed to come in for the weekend so I called and advised them to head in Wednesday instead of their usual Thursday arrival. We all blew off the forecast of snow but they came early to avoid any bad weather in their neck of the woods. West Texas sees more snow than we do here, so the precaution was more for the first leg of the trip. Wednesday was a beautiful sunny day, mom and dad came in without incident and there was no sign of the storm that was supposed to show up. I couldn't believe it Thursday morning when I peeked out the shutters as I was getting ready to feed Lily. There was a coating of snow on the ground and it was still coming down...hard! It snowed all day on Thursday and we ended up with over a foot of snow in our yard! Most of the time it came down in big, fluffy flakes that so reminded me of the snows from my childhood. Joshua and I drank hot chocolate, had snow ball fights with daddy and even made a few snow angels. Sadly, as I sit here writing this all the snow has pretty much melted and the back yard now resembles a mud pit. There is something about snow that is magical to me and I have loved being able to have snow several times this winter. Joshua may actually remember some of it...at least I hope he does.
The snow is so pretty! We have snow on the ground most of the time this time of year but it has not gotten that deep! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm glad you were able to take Joshua outside to play in the snow. Hopefully he'll be able to remember these days. At least you have some great pictures to help jog his memory.
My husband, Eric, and I met in college at Texas A&M. We got married in June 2004 after we both completed professional school. We lead a fun, crazy life with our son, Joshua, daughter, Lily, and a menagerie of animals.
The snow is so pretty! We have snow on the ground most of the time this time of year but it has not gotten that deep! It looks like you had a lot of fun. I'm glad you were able to take Joshua outside to play in the snow. Hopefully he'll be able to remember these days. At least you have some great pictures to help jog his memory.
ReplyDelete