Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

20 Months!

My sweet and sassy little Lily turned 20 months old today. How is it possible that we are a mere 4 months away from 2? I am astounded at how much she has changed in the past few months. Since we had her ears tubed in February, Lily's vocabulary has exploded. She went from a simple mama, dada, bubba to several word sentences over night. She loves to order the dogs, cat and her brother around. In the mornings when I tell everyone to head downstairs to get their stuff, I am soon parroted by a sing song toddler voice saying "Lily Josua go downstairs. Josua get bapack. Want milk car mommy." Fragmented sentences but she knows exactly what to do and where to go and what she wants! She is also following 2-3 step directions, knows some colors, likes to sing part of the ABC song, Row Row Row your boat and can count to 10 more or less. Sometimes she skips a few numbers but I've heard the entire 1-10 before. She is finally starting to get some more hair and it is gloriously curly and a beautiful shade of red. She LOVES to have her hair done and likes to have "pretties" put in it. She also likes to have her toe nails painted pink and sits pretty still while I do it. I definitely have a girly girl. She loves to look at shoes if we are out shopping and also has a thing for jewelry. She has a plethora of plastic play bracelets and even a small necklace or two that she asks to wear regularly.

She got a couple of small dolls for her birthday and Christmas and she is starting to play with them, talk to them and push them around in her shopping cart and stroller. Granted, the doll is usually under the shopping cart or upside down but it's the thought that counts right?!? The most shocking thing she's done so far is ask to go on the potty and actually use it, unprompted. We are still a ways away from being potty trained but I think she will be much easier than Joshua. He wasn't really aware of much in that department at this age.

Some of the early tantrums and power struggles seem to be calming down a little as well. It seemed like she hit the terrible twos at 13 months and was throwing tantrums daily for a little while. I don't know if her ears had anything to do with it or not but I'm SO glad that it seems to be subsiding. She still tests her boundaries and gives me "attitude" here and there but it's nothing like it was a few months ago. I'm hoping maybe we've passed that for a little while...well, a girl can dream anyway!



Lily loves to wear mommy's shoes and usually has them on the correct feet!


Playing computer games with Grandma and Joshua


So many curls!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, the red hair! So adorable... And how wonderful that her language has exploded after her ears got all fixed up; that must be such a relief to see.

    ReplyDelete