Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday!

My sweet boy turned 5 today. How can this be? It feels like I brought him home from the hospital yesterday. Time seems to be passing far too quickly. Joshua is a funny, caring, inquisitive, goofy boy. He asks more questions than anyone else I know and I am often at a loss to explain things to him in a way that he can understand. I know I'm not the only one that he stymies..grandparents, teachers... This kid has a never ending thirst for knowledge and asks about things that I'm sure most other kids his age never think about. He LOVES baseball, enjoys vacuuming the house for me and is very interested in helping me cook. He can crack eggs with the best of them!

One recent big change is a new school. Joshua was admitted to Covenant Christian Academy this year and he loves it! The transformation I've seen in him this last month has been wonderful. He's so much more confident and truly loves going to school each day. I can't wait to see what else this year holds for him. The have language classes twice a week (right now it's German), art class, music class, PE and library time in addition to all the regular stuff they do in the classroom with the main teacher. His teacher is amazing and such a blessing. I think we are in for an exciting year!






Joshua's main request for his birthday this year was a lizard. I'm not even sure where he came up with the idea, but he's been hounding us for months! Every trip to the library results in lizard care books and stories that involve reptiles in some way. Eric and I discussed it at some length and decided that he was indeed old enough to take care of something "on his own." We picked a Green Anole lizard to start with, mostly because they are inexpensive, easy to find and relatively easy to care for. Also, green is Joshua's favorite color as he will tell anyone that will listen. So we are proud to introduce Verde to the menagerie...

No comments:

Post a Comment