Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 29, 2009

I've joined the Dark side!

I have been converted to the dark side....of guns that is. After my last post on our increasing arsenal I had a very interesting experience at lunch one day. I had an absolutely dead morning at work. I had a four hour case scheduled that cancelled at the last minute leaving me with absolutely nothing to do except check hygiene and hope I could find a filling to do. I know you're thinking I'm a crazy dentist but I really hate just sitting around and twiddling my thumbs. The hygienists were crazy slow that morning as well. I guess no one wanted to come to the dentist. Anyway, I left the practice at 10:15, ran some errands and went home for lunch. We had been out of town the weekend before so I had some extra time to try to get my house in order. I had the stereo on and was cleaning downstairs and then went upstairs after eating. I was finishing some stuff up in the master bedroom, opened our shutters and found a car parked in my driveway with no one in it! My dogs bark at anything that moves and I hadn't heard a peep out of them. I thought maybe someone was walking to the door but still found it odd since anyone I really know doesn't expect me to be home in the middle of the day. I waited a few minutes for the door and nothing. I walked around the upstairs and checked windows to see if I could see anyone on our property and still nothing. At this point I am slightly alarmed and a little annoyed. I had 15 minutes to get back to work and the car was parked in the driveway behind mine (yes, the garage door was closed). I called Eric and tried call my office to see if anyone could pick me up. I opened my garage and ventured outside with garden tool in my hand and ran to the neighbors to see if on the off chance one of their visitors had parked at my house by mistake. No one knew anything about the car. I got the description and the license and went in to try my office again. While I was on the phone, I heard a car door slam and saw a big man getting into the car. I have no idea where he came from! He pulled out of the driveway and left the neighborhood.



So, after that I decided I really needed to know how to use some of the arsenal that has made it's way into my home. Eric has gotten his concealed handgun license so his pistol is never here. This weekend we went to the gun range for Eric to show me how to shoot his pistol. It was too cold to go to the outside ranges for the rifle and shotgun. I went with grim determination and was not at all excited. For the past several weeks Eric and my dad have been trying to talk me into a pistol of my own and a concealed license. I have been trying to keep my mind open so we took a couple pistols and a revolver to the range for me to try. I am truly amazed to say this next statement. I LIKED IT! I didn't think I would ever feel that way about shooting a firearm but I really had a good time and I did pretty well. I could hit the bulls eye consistently at 6 and 12 feet. I guess all those years of dart playing really paid off. Of course since I actually enjoyed myself, Eric insisted that I find a handgun for myself. So....I am now the owner of a Walther 9mm pistol and will try to take the concealed class in the next month or two. Who woulda thunk?!?!?


In other goings on...all of Joshua's medical tests came back normal and he has been symptom free since we went in for the last blood draw! Potty training is in progress but going very slowly. My son is incredibly stubborn! I have to put him in big kid underwear and take away his pants for him to go number 1 in the potty. We haven't even ventured to Number 2 territory. I am hoping he'll start to get the hang of it. He really doesn't like not wearing pants so they are my big bargaining chip! Well, that and a couple M&M's when he makes a successful trip. All of our spring flowers in the yard have started to bloom so I'll leave with a couple of shots I got over the past few weekends



Back Patio Joshua in the Bluebonnets








Sylvester in front of the Columbines





























No comments:

Post a Comment