Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

5 Wonderful Years of Marriage!

Eric and I celebrated our 5th anniversary yesterday. I cannot believe that 5 years have already flown by...sometimes it seems like yesterday. Then I look around and see our son that is creeping up on 3 and our whole menagerie of animals and realize that much time must have passed! This year's celebration is rather on the quiet side since I'm still supposed to be taking it easy. We didn't really do much yesterday since it was a work day for Eric. Tonight we are headed out for a fancy dinner at our favorite restaurant-Lonesome Dove! If you've never been there, it's fantastic. It's a little place on the edge of the stockyards that serves wonderful, inventive gourmet type cuisine. Our absolute favorite is the ancho chile chocolate cake for dessert. We each order one as they are too good to share!

We actually got each other our anniversary presents last weekend. We happened upon mine by chance and snapped it up before someone else could. We belong to a Wine Styles wine of the month club at the Southlake location and went in for Eric to pick up our June wine club. A local artist has started displaying some work in the store and I found an awesome grape picture that goes perfectly over my mantle. We have been looking for just the right piece since we bought the house over 3 years ago. I'll post pictures later when the study isn't such a mess. Eric added another pistol to the arsenal....a 22 target pistol.

Speaking of the study being a mess...I think we will finish our grand project for remodeling the study this weekend. Well, the construction phase at least. Last Friday, a contractor came in and ripped out the carpet and laid in new wood floors. We spent quite a bit of time and money at IKEA last weekend to get the shelving/storage system to finish out the room. It is mostly assembled and we should be able to get the cabinets finished today and tomorrow. I'm just happy we got the desk done and the computer up and running by Thursday. It seemed odd to be without a computer for a week. Oh, how we have come to rely on modern technology!

I guess that's about all I have for now. I will hopefully have pictures of the remodel and painting by the end of the weekend. Now all I need to do is figure out how to stay cool in the Texas summer heat.....I'm not sure it's possible!

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! Enjoy that chocolate cake for me. :)

    ReplyDelete