Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 8, 2009

The countdown begins....

Tomorrow I am 36 weeks and counting....oh how I'm counting. The past week and a half or so, I have really hit the uncomfortable stage of things. I can't stay in any one position very long before I have to shift and move around. I don't think comfortable exists at this point in pregnancy. It seems like I am up every two hours at night to either shift around or go to the bathroom...I guess it's just a way to get you prepared for the long, late nights to come.

My nesting craze is still in full swing, but I have gotten an amazing amount of stuff done. All of my Christmas baking (two types of cookies, a double batch of toffee, and beefstick) is done and in the freezer until the appropriate time. It has been very odd to be in the kitchen making these items and not have Christmas music or movies on in the background. I have maintained my usual no Christmas music/movies until after Thanksgiving through all of this but it has been difficult. I am a creature of habit and something seems off when Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin or Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving is on in the background instead. Joshua is also very confused...."where did all the cookies go, Mommy?" It's hard to explain making things in advance to a 3 year old.

With the exception of a few gift cards, I am done Christmas shopping! I have never been done this early and it feels strange and liberating at the same time. Everything I have at the house has been wrapped, tagged, ribboned and is ready to be placed under the tree. I have a few things that have been ordered on line that I'm still waiting on, but that only constitutes a couple of items and the wrapping time on them will be negligible.

I have packed my bag for the hospital for the most part. I know I have a scheduled c-section but my sister in law was caught unsuspecting at 36 weeks when they had to deliver her first early. Ever since, I have made sure to have everything ready to go prior to my 36 week appointment. The car seat, bassinet, and all major baby items have been assembled, cleaned and are in the nursery ready to go. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone...she'll be here before I know it!


2 comments:

  1. 36 weeks! That's so exciting! And I am so impressed with how much you've gotten done to get ready for Lily's birth. I think with both my pregnancies I spent the last few months moving at a snail's pace and not getting ANYTHING done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember being this driven to get things done with Joshua. I think the drive comes from her being born so close to the holidays. I want the holiday season to be memorable for Joshua and I know how tired we'll be by Christmas so I'm on overdrive to do it NOW. Poor Eric, he's been such a good sport through my craziness!

    ReplyDelete